Thursday, August 6, 2015

Heavenly Father’s Stoplight Switch.



I have been thinking about this post for a while now. My last post was about my one year follow up from my open heart surgery. If you didn’t read that and you are on your mobile device swipe left. If you wanted to read the post before that about how I discovered I needed open heart surgery swipe left two times.

I am feeling great! Other than the occasional soreness in my chest I am fine! Life has been way too good to me this past year. 

Cue Andrew.

Last year on October 22, I met Andrew. Things escalated quickly. Three days later we went on our second date to the haunted straw maze and we bumped into my parents. Andrew thought that was pretty hilarious.

In the next few days we had gone to just about every haunted attraction around. 
Trick or treating was a whole new experience for me.

Cue Carson.

On Halloween Andrew introduced me to his son Carson by taking us to Yellowstone. I could not believe how stinking cute he was and I instantly loved him. I loved his dad for how amazing he was with him. Their bond and relationship was so sweet and so good. I knew they were both so good at heart and that my life was about to change.


That night we went trick or treating! The last few years have been kind of boring on Halloween but holy cow it’s so much fun when you take a kid! Carson was too cute. He would knock on the door and they would hold out a handful of candy and he would just take one. After a few houses he said that he had enough candy and wanted to go home. We carved pumpkins and that pretty much made it the best Halloween of my life.

We have been pretty much inseparable ever since.

In January I went back to school to finish my last two semesters.

In April I started my internship at South Fork Elementary in a Kindergarten! I loved it.

In May Andrew had back surgery. I am so grateful that he is feeling better.

May was insane. I had my internship, a job, a broken hurt boyfriend, my birthday, a wedding, and school.

Heavenly Father must have been carrying me through that because holy smokes… how the heck did I get to where I am now.

On June 21st Andrew took us back to Yellowstone. We saw a family trying to take pictures in front of the waterfall so I asked if I could take the pictures for them. They handed me their camera and I snapped a few shots. After that the lady asked if I wanted her to take pictures of us. Andrew said, “Take a bunch.” As we stood there taking a picture, Andrew knelt down and asked me to marry him. I said yes.

I am so happy that some random lady was able to capture this moment for us.

I am so excited to marry Andrew. He is my best friend. Carson is a humongous blessing in my life and I love them both. I absolutely love seeing Andrew as a father. He works so hard. He is so thoughtful and selfless. Seeing those boys together brings me so much joy and happiness. They do so much to make sure that I am happy. I cannot compare it to anything that I have ever felt. Family is truly the greatest blessing on this earth.

On July 4th, Andrews’s parents flew into Salt Lake from their mission in the Czech Republic. This was the first time I met them! We both have pretty cool stories about meeting each other’s parents’ haha.  

July 23rd I graduated college with a Bachelor in Child Development.

I am truly grateful for the experience and knowledge that I have gained while working with children these past few years.  It has become very convenient.

So many good things have happened! I am the happiest that I have ever been. We are planning to get married in December so everyone be ready! We will get an exact date to you as soon as we know. 

I one hundred percent believe that Heavenly Father just wants us to be happy. Even though we are given trials, we are always blessed with so much more.

The other day I was driving to Idaho Falls and needed to go to Sunnyside which is across town. I knew that there would be a bunch of stoplights and I was feeling pretty stressed out. It was the morning of my finals and my exit interview for school. I was heading to an appointment with a neurosurgeon to find out what we can do about the injury in my back.

I know, Andrew and I are quite the pair. He just says we are “souped up.”

Heavenly Father must have known I was struggling with impatience and frustration because every single stoplight turned green right before I got to them. 


Some would say that’s just coincidence or detectors, but I really just believe that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. Despite the trials that will always come, He gives us blessings. Whether these blessings are big like having my boys, or small like flipping His stoplight switch… they will always come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment