Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Christmas Miracle!

I can’t believe that it has been two years since I had my operation. I posted a one year update last year on the 16th and somehow we are back to December 16th again! Everything has been awesome. I am just so glad that all of that is in the past and this December is only a little stressful. ;)

I am feeling really good! I had a bit of a rough go with my back for a while but had a baby operation and am feeling much better! My heart is doing great as far as I know.  My family has taken it upon themselves to make some kind of pig joke in every situation possible. So that’s fun. At Thanksgiving we were having ham and I was asked if it was my cousin. I am so grateful for the life and joy this little piggy valve has allowed me to have.

I am currently in third grade and working as a paraprofessional in the special education department. It is not where I thought I would be but am grateful for the experience and for a good place to start out. I’ve never been so popular in school and have never had so many friends that want to sit by me in the lunchroom. I miss college. I never thought I would say that. BYU-Idaho blessed my life. I loved what I was learning. I wish I could go back and make a career out of being a student and just remember forever everything I learned.

Andrew is working at Tadd Jenkins in Rigby as a Service Advisor. I am quite certain that he gets hit on multiple times a day. He is amazing at what he does and I am so proud of him for working so hard. Being members of the Tadd Jenkins family has been so fun and is such a blessing for us.  Andrew does everything he can to make me and Carson happy. He is selfless, loving, smart, righteous, and stuck with me forever.

Carson is in kindergarten and is killing it. He comes home and spells out words and I just want to squeeze him for how cute it is. He will probably be voted class president because he brought his battery powered police corvette to class for show and tell and now has 20 miniature best friends. Every week he seems to have another girlfriend. Not a different one... Plus one. Having him in my life is a completely different kind of joy that I have never experienced before and I never want to be without it. He is so excited for “us” to be married. 

I am too.

It is amazing to see how much Heavenly Father guides and directs our lives. I firmly believe that all of the events that have occurred in my life have been strategically organized to get me to where I am today.

Which happens to be exactly one week from our wedding!!!

We have been waiting for paperwork to be sealed for a while now. It has been quite a test of our faith.
We mailed out invitations with a date and the location as the temple and just moved forward with faith!!!

I was able to go through the temple on Saturday for the first time. A bunch of my family members were there and Andrew with his parents.  I knew with everything in me that we were supposed to be preparing for a temple marriage. It was 11 days before our wedding and we still had no paperwork. I have to admit that I had a couple of meltdowns but knew that we were doing the right thing and it would all work out.

When we got home from the temple Saturday night we checked the mailbox and there it was.. the letter that said we could be married in the temple! I was bawling my eyes out.

 It’s a Christmas miracle!

We gave Carson the honor of telling both of our parents and they didn’t catch on at first but when they did I went right back to bawling my eyes out.  


We are so blessed. I know that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and blesses us when we do the right things. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to witness so many miracles and strengthen my testimony. I know that our Savior lives and loves us. I know that the atonement is real. I know that the power of prayer is real. I love the gospel and find joy in living it. I have an unshakable testimony of our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and love him dearly.  I am grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am today without it. I am so excited to marry my best friend and have our little family together.  I hope this next week flies by!

 Merry Christmas and thank you all for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment